Friday, October 30, 2009

Dinner at Imperial Palace

Oyster with XO sauce.

My friend said the XO sauce tasted like light soy sauce and the oyster was lightly steamed. She liked it.

Fish Hong Kong Style. Light crispy batter on the outside and the white fish inside was very delicate and soft. Dipping it with hot sauce adds a nice bite, well if you're in the mood for it.

Beef chow fun dry. This dish was greasy but delicious, and I definitely liked it with hot sauce.

A huge plate of Pork Chop Peking Style. They always do this dish very well here.

I think it's safe to say this is my go to Cantonese restaurant. The total was close to $45 and this was way too much food for three women who didn't arrive at the restaurant starving. The three entrees could have easily fed 4 people.

Imperial Palace
13613 37th Ave
Flushing, NY

2 comments:

  1. i loveeeee oysterssss. what kind of camera are you using to take these pics??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I'm using my Leica Dlux4 (Panasonic's version is the model LX3). Sometimes I use my Panasonic ZS3. My earliest posts were with the Fuji F31fd. All cameras are point and shoot. The DLux4 is a proconsumer type though, and has manual controls. The ZS3 has 12x optical zoom. All of them are well-regarded for image quality. Sorry for the geek out.

    ReplyDelete