Friday, September 4, 2009

On Hiatus

I don't plan to post until I receive my Leica D-Lux 4. I'm hoping it'll come this month and that Leica will follow through fulfilling US orders within 4-6 weeks. The rest of this post is a rambling discourse on my digital photography shopping list. I do believe this falls under the Explore part of the blog's title.

It's taking all my willpower not to get the Panasonic ZS3 as a stopgap until the D-Lux 4 arrives. If the ZS3 was just a little bit better on image quality and high-ISO, and if it shot 1080p, I'd have ordered it already.

In the meantime it's exciting to read about new developments in the digital camera world. The Panasonic DMC-GF1 rangefinder, Panasonic DMC-GH1 (1080p shooting micro 4/3 camera), and Nikon's D5000 DSLR (amazing high ISO image quality)- but Nikon seems to have a quality control issue with a few batches.

If the D-Lux 4's wide angle is too limiting, then I think I'll complement it with the ZS3's long zoom. However that would mean I'd have to carry a hobo bag instead of my simple shoulder bag. I'm probably going to get Photoshop and Lightroom first before getting another camera, but doing that would make it hard to resist finally getting a desktop.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment